HYPOTHESIS TESTING IN MEDICAL RESEARCH: A KEY STATISTICAL APPLICATION
Keywords:Hypothesis, Null Hypothesis, Probability Level, p- value, Research Hypothesis, Statistical significance
“Hypothesis testing” is an integral and most important component of research methodology, in all researches, whether in medical sciences, social sciences or any such allied field. It is a guideline in planning, implementation and getting final results thereof, in undertaking any research work. The present paper, in this direction, is designed mainly as a key note, to highlight the basics towards hypothesis, testing its validity i.e. Acceptance “or” rejection and finally interpreting the tenability of selected variables as a solution to the postulated “ research problem ”. To supplement with , a few problem based illustrations (pbi)s have also been incorporated accordingly.
Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences (2015) Vol.03 No.02 Issue 10
How to Cite
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.