Mental Health of Health Science Students during COVID-19 Pandemic: A Cross-Sectional Study in a Medical College of Nepal
Keywords:COVID-19, DASS-21, Health Science Students, Mental Health
INTRODUCTION: Mental health impact of COVID-19 is a well-known entity. Health science students are among the high risk groups for developing mental health issues due to lengthy and rigorous studies they undertake. This study aims to explore the mental health of health science undergraduate students of Maharajgunj Medical Campus, and Maharajgunj Nursing Campus during the COVID pandemic in Nepal.
MATERIAL AND METHODS: A descriptive cross-sectional study was conducted from February 2021 to July 2021 using convenience sampling technique using Nepali version of DASS-21 to undergraduate health science students of Maharajgunj Medical Campus and Maharajgunj Nursing campus.
RESULTS: Out of 164 participants, depression, anxiety and stress was seen in 43%, 33% and 29% respectively. Females showed more depression (47.6%) and anxiety (38.8%) and stress (32%) as compared to males
CONCLUSION:Mental health of health science students is adversely affected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.