Stumbling upon Palatogingival Groove: A Case Report
Keywords:Biodentine, Endodontic-periodontal lesion, Incisor, Palatogingival Groove
Palatogingival grooves (PGG) are developmental malformations infamous for precipitating endodontic-periodontal lesions. Pertaining to their discreet occurrence, variation in groove depth and funnel like shape, adherence of plaque and calculus is apparent thereby jeopardizing the periodontium and pulp. A case of palatogingival groove in maxillary left lateral incisor was diagnosed and managed with endodontic treatment followed by open flap debridement to seal the groove with biodentine and fill the defect with bone graft. On follow up, the periapical lesion and the periodontal pocket were successfully resolved.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.