Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Himalayan Biodiversity is a peer reviewed journal published by Himalayan Environment and Biodiversity Society 'HEBIDS'. Papers containing original information in the field of life sciences preferably with ecology, environment, biodiversity and conservation would be accepted for publication, following rigorous review process. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, methods and brief communications.
The journal is published annually.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Fees
Author(s) other than the life members have to pay a publication fee single author Rs. 1000 and for multiple authors, Rs 500 each. All the articles published in the journal will be freely available for all readers through the website of NepJOL.
Membership Subscription Details
Student: Nepal, India and Bhutan – Rs 300: other countries – 10 US$
Annual Member: Nepal, India and Bhutan – Rs 1000: other countries – 50 US$
Life Member: Nepal, India and Bhutan – Rs 5000: other countries – 100 US$
Institutional: Nepal, India and Bhutan – Rs 10000: other countries – 200 US$
All members shall receive a copy of the journal and HEBIDS Newsletter free of cost and other publications of the society at half price.
After initial assessment of the manuscript by the Editor-in-Chief, it will be assigned to the Executive Editor. The Executive Editor will make a detailed assessment of the manuscript and will send it out for review, if the manuscript has the potential to be published in the journal. The final decision on the manuscript will be made by the Editor-in-Chief, based on the reviewers’ and Executive Editor’s suggestion. If the manuscript is not suitable for publication, it will be declined for the publication in the journal, either initially (immediately after the assessment by the Executive Editor) or after receiving the reviewer’s response.
The review system is a single blind (author will not know the reviewer) and involves either one or two reviewers, depending upon the availability of the experts. It usually takes 4 weeks to have the initial decision on the manuscript.
Sources of Support
Support from Prithvi Narayan Campus as the journal of the Department of Botany, and also the partial support of the Himalayan Environment and Biodiversity Society, Pokhara, Nepal.
Himalayan Biodiversity is published by:
Himalayan Environment and Biodiversity Society (HEBIDS), Pokhara, Nepal
The Himalayan Environment and Biodiversity Society (HEBIDS) is a non-government, non-profitable, organisation of environmental scientists with the following objectives:
- To organize and co-ordinate interdisciplinary activities for ecology environment and biodiversity.
- To provide the national and international forum for advanced research in all disciplines concerning ecology, environment and biodiversity.
- To provide a focal point for collection, organization and dissemination of ideas and information in relation to the exploration and optimal utilization of biodiversity.
- To provide media for communication in the field of ecology, environment and biodiversity through its meetings and publication.
- To honor individuals for their pioneering and meritorious contributions for the cause of environment and biodiversity.
- To maintain close relations with other national and international institutions of the world working with allied objectives.
- To consensus cultural heritage and to generate awareness of national integration among youths
- All other activities, that may be necessary for the fulfillment of the above objective of the society.