Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal of Engineering Issues and Solutions is a peer-reviewed and open access journal published by Nepal Engineers' Association (NEA), both in print and online. The Journal aims to disseminate contemporary engineering issues of larger interest of mankind as well as potential and testing solutions for practical problems in the broad landscape of applied science and engineering. JoEIS accepts review articles, research articles, short communications, letters to the editor, book reviews, and commentaries in areas of applied science and engineering. It aims to provide a platform for multidisciplinary studies that blend the natural science and mathematics in applied science and engineering.
JoEIS is published annually.
Authors retain the copyright of the articles.
All the materials in the journal are freely accessible to all. Reproduction of part or the entire content is allowed only when written consent from the publisher is obtained. The original souce should be cited in reproduction as well as copying.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Peer Review Policy
- This journal performs double-blind peer-review process, in which the identities of the authors and reviewers are not revealed.
- After electronic submission, Journal office will assign manuscript number, removes authors information, and makes it ready to review, within a week. The protocol for assigning manuscript number will be: JoEIS (Journal Name) – Year of Submission (4 digits, e. g. 2020) – Areas of submission (1 digit, 1 of 5 areas: 1 – Civil group, 2 – Computer group, 3 – Electrical/Electronics group, 4 - Mechanical group, 5 – Others group) – Submission Serial Number of the year (4 digits). Example: A manuscript number of JoEIS-2020-1-0001 indicates the 1st submission to this journal in 2020, and the submission is in the area of Civil Engineering.
- Editor-in-Chief or one of the Editors evaluates submitted manuscript for suitability for peer-review. If it’s evaluated as outside aims and scope of journal or insufficiently original or have fundamental scientific flaws or poorly structured (content-wise and language-wise), it is rejected outright by Editors. This process generally takes two weeks.
- After the manuscript is evaluated as suitable for peer-review, it is forwarded to at least two suitable reviewers (academic, research and professional experts) for peer review. This process generally takes 4-6 weeks. However, depending upon response of reviewers and need to go for several reviewers, it might take longer as well.
- Upon receiving of feedback from reviewers, the Editor-in-Chief takes decision on the submission. The decision could be one of following:
- Accepted – Accept as it is
- Minor revision – Mainly editorial revisions without substantial revision in results/manuscript required.
- Major revision – Significant improvements are required in the entire manuscript
- Reject – Not suitable to publish in the journal:
- The Editor-in-Chief will communicate the decision with Authors. The decision in general will be provided within 2 weeks from the date of required reviewers are completed.
- If the decision is to revise, Authors are expected to submit revised manuscript, with response to reviewer’s comments within four weeks.
- The revised submission may also go another round of review depending upon extent of revision suggested by reviewers.
Sources of Support
The open access funding is supported by the Nepal Engineers' Association, Nepal.
JoEIS is published by the Nepal Engineers' Association, Nepal.