Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Studies in ELT and Applied Linguistics (SELTAL) is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of English Education, Faculty of Education, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal. The journal publishes original papers related to issues in English Language Teaching (ELT) and Applied Linguistics. Some of the areas the journal covers are:
- Teacher and learner autonomy, motivation, engagement, agency, and empowerment
- Classroom technology and materials
- Language planning and policy
- Curriculum design and development
- English teacher education
- English for specific purposes (ESP) and English for academic purposes (EAP)
- Reflective pedagogy in ELT
- Testing and assessment in ELT
- Globalization, multilingualism and multilingual education
- Materials development
- Digital ELT for the new generation
- Teacher professional development
- Teaching English in difficult circumstances
- ELT in the South Asia
- English as a medium of instruction
- Critical literacy and pedagogy in the language classroom
- Gradate research and supervision
- Technology and language teaching and learning
- Critical discourse analysis
- Teaching language skills and aspects
The journal is published annually.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All articles submitted to the journal will go through a blind peer-review process. Two reviewers review each paper. In addition, guidelines are provided to support the authors intending to submit articles to this journal. The review process will take about two to three months. The acceptance and rejection of the articles will be made by the editorial board based on the review reports provided by the reviewers.
SELTAL is published by the Department of English Education, Faculty of Education, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.