Ectopic Eyelid Cilia in a 15 years old Girl: A Rare Presentation
Keywords:Cilia, ectopic, eyelid
Introduction: Eyelashes are unique hair follicles normally found at the eyelid margin. The spectrum of cilial anomalies includes cilial row duplication, agenesis and ectopic placement. Ectopic cilia are the rarest of cilial anomalies.
Case Report: A 15 years old girl presented with the complaints of eyeache and headache for three months. She also complained of extra lashes over left upper eyelid with secretion of tears while crying from the area of extra lashes. She was a diagnosed case of epilepsy under treatment for three months.
On examination, visual acuity was 6/6p in right eye and 6/6p in left eyewith best corrected visual acuity being 6/6 with -0.25DS in both the eyes. The anterior and posterior segment findings were normal except for presence of extra bunch of cilia on the temporal side of the left upper eyelid two mm above the upperlid crease with dimpling of the underlying skin.
Conclusion: Ectopic cilia,a rare congenital condition, is asymptomatic and surgical treatment can be done for cosmetic correction.
How to Cite
LicenseThe Journal of Lumbini Medical College (JLMC) publishes open access articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution(CC BY) License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
JLMC requires an exclusive licence allowing to publish the article in print and online.
The corresponding author should read and agree to the following statement before submission of the manuscript for publication,
In submitting an article to Journal of Lumbini Medical College (JLMC) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JLMC are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
Please visit Creative Commons web page for details of the terms.