Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Jalawaayu is a peer-reviewed, bi-annual Open Access journal publishing scientific papers in the field of Hydrology and Meteorology. This journal focuses on the research from a broad range of critical, theoretical, and methodological perspectives under all the related disciplines around the world. In recent decades, increasing numbers of scholars working in the field of Meteorology, Climatology, Hydrology, Glaciology, and other related disciplines across the Himalayan Region and have explored as a key site for research. Much research remains to be done in this region. The journal Jalawaayu offers scholars a forum for sharing their research and exchanging ideas across disciplinary borders.
Jalawaayu covers significant exploration and developments in the following topic areas:
- atmospheric dynamics and general circulation;
- numerical modeling and forecasting;
- cloud physics;
- atmospheric processes (physical and chemical);
- synoptic meteorology and weather systems in specific regions;
- mathematical and statistical techniques applied to meteorological and hydrological data sets;
- applied meteorology (agrometeorology, aviation meteorology, satellite meteorology);
- hydrological sciences;
- applied hydrology (agrohydrology, ecohydrology, hydropower);
- water resources and related topics including water, air and soil pollution, and hazardous waste issues;
- hydro-meteorological disasters
This journal accepts Research Articles, Review Articles, Mini-review, Case Reports, Opinion, Letters to the Editor, Editorials, Short Communications, and Commentary articles.
The journal publishes two issues a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Copyright © of the articles is held by the authors.
Unless otherwise indicated, the articles and journal content published by Jalawaayu are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This means that you are free to use, reproduce and distribute the articles and related content (unless otherwise noted), for commercial and noncommercial purposes, subject to citation of the original source in accordance with the CC Attribution 4.0 International License.
Jalawaayu is a peer-reviewed journal. Our team of reviewers includes over 20 experts. The Editorial Board made a final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication. Submissions to Jalawaayu are sent out to one member of the editorial board and after screening for plagiarized content, the editor finalizes for the review process or rejection at the time. For the peer-review process, the editor sends the manuscript to two ad hoc reviewers. Reviewers are asked to evaluate suitability paying particular attention to the following points:
- contribution of the article to its field
- academic standards (writing style and language, result interpretation)
- sufficient and concise abstract
- relevancy of secondary literature
- scientific methodology
- appropriate and adequate tables and figures
- appropriate and complete references
- relevant, timely, and interesting topic outlined in the editorial statement
Reviewers are asked to return their evaluation within four weeks.
Sources of Support
Jalawaayu is supported by the Central Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Jalawaayu is published by the Central Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
This journal also has its own website: Jalawaayu