Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Nepalese Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management (ISSN No. 2717-4948 and eISSN No. 2822-1796) is published by the Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management (NATHM), a pioneer academic institute for tourism and hospitality education run under the Nepal Government (Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation) since 1972 with the affiliation with Tribhuvan University. It is the double-blind, peer-reviewed journal that primarily aims at advancing and disseminating hospitality and tourism management research, through active engagement with different stakeholders including academicians, researchers, policy makers, students, and entrepreneurs. The journal intends to provide a vehicle for increasing awareness, consideration, and analysis of issues in hospitality and tourism, and also promoting the interchange of ideas within Nepal and other parts of the world.
Thematic topics covered by the journal:
- Human resource management and labour issues in hospitality and tourism
- Hospitality and tourism education and training, and teaching-learning pedagogies and e-learning practices
- Sustainable practices in tourism development and hospitality management
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in hospitality and tourism industry
- Emerging issues in hospitality and tourism
- Operational practices and service delivery in hospitality and tourism industry
- Corporate social responsibility practices in hospitality and tourism industry
- Product design, packaging and branding of tourism destinations, adventure tourism, conference tourism, cultural tourism, homestay management
- Service quality management and customer satisfaction in hospitality and tourism
- Revenue management and strategic pricing of retail services in hospitality and tourism
- Environment analysis (economic, ecological, and socio-cultural) in hospitality and tourism
- Management of gastronomy, wine, and food
- Practices of spirituality and wellness in hospitality and tourism
- Indigenous hospitality practices of Nepalese society
- Global warming, climate change and related challenges for hospitality and tourism industry
- Management of mitigation of risk and disasters in hospitality and tourism industry
- Research methods in hospitality and tourism industry
The journal is published annually.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The hard copies are charged with NRs. 300 for individuals, NRs. 500 for institutions, and US$ 20 for foreigners per unit/ copy. There has been no provision for annual subscription yet.
The NJHTM is a journal that operates a double blind, peer review process: every paper is reviewed by subject and domain experts by ensuring anonymity of both authors and reviewers. The chief editor sends the paper for blind peer review after performing initial screening. Then, the authors are appraised of the comments received from the refereed reviewers so that the former incorporate the latter’s comments into their papers. So improved papers are submitted to the editorial team following which the Chief Editor reverts them to the reviewers if the improved submission does not still meet the scientific quality meant for a research journal. The final, improved paper is finally edited by the Editor-in-Chief for publication.
Publisher and Support
The Nepalese Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management (NJHTM) is published by the Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management (NATHM) and publishing this journal is integral part of academic activities of NATHM. There is provision of regular budget for journal publication in the programs and budget of the academy.
The Journal’s editorial team makes no warrantee with respect to technical accuracy and completeness of the data and their analysis in the papers. The editorial team specifically disclaims any implied warrantee of fitness of the study and analytical tools thereof for any particular purpose, as the editors shall not intend to vouch that all authors have made exhaustive efforts in incorporating all the editorial and reviewer comments communicated to them during the editing process.
The opinions and data presented in the articles of the Journal (NJHTM) do not represent those of the Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management (NATHM) and the Chief Editor and other editors, but those of the author(s) and the referred data sources.