Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Aim, Focus and Scope
International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health (IJOSH) is an international peer-reviewed open access journal covering occupational health, safety and health.
It provides occupational health physicians, ergonomist, nurses, occupational hygiene, health and safety professionals with a dependable single source of proficiently written legal, practical and management occupational health information.
IJOSH welcomes original research submissions which relate to the full range of chemical, physical, ergonomic, biological and psychosocial hazards in the workplace and to environmental contaminants and their health effects and the safety standards and interventions. Research aimed at improving the evidence-based practice of occupational medicine and research on the development and application of novel methods, including biological and statistical techniques is also of interest. In addition, we publish systematic reviews, editorials, commentaries and letters to the editor, which provide a forum for debate.
IJOSH is indexed in the databases:
Similarly, contents published in IJOSH are available on the databases like JournalTOCs, Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals (NSD), Open Access Library (OALib), ResearchGate, Scientfic Literatures (SciLit), SafetyLit etc.
IJOSH is adopted as the official journal of the Occupational Health and Safety Society of Nepal (OHSSN).
Publication Frequency: IJOSH is published triannually (every four months) from 2021.
IJOSH manuscripts submission, acceptance and rejection trend in the last 3 months (2021-06-15 to 2021-09-13)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health (IJOSH) fully and completely abides by the terms and conditions, and policies enlisted by DOAJ, the most important of which is “The full text of ALL content must be available for free and be Open Access without delay (i.e. no embargo period).”
IJOSH also abides by the Budapest Open Access Initiative.
Another important aspect of Open Access is that the Copyright of the article is retained by the author.
IJOSH Content Licensing
IJOSH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Guidelines to Authors
International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health decided to receive manuscripts in accordance with the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals, obtained from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Recommendation, updated December 2018, website http://www.icmje.org
Authors are advised to adhere with the Submission Preparation Checklist and Author Guidelines while submitting their manuscript. The Authors can access the detailed guidelines as listed in the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions: IJOSH
The answers are here for your questions about International Journal of Ocupational Safety and Health (IJOSH). If you have any questions which are not answered here, please feel free to contact the Managing editor.
What types of articles are published in IJOSH?
- Original Articles
- Review Articles
- Field Reports
- Short Communications
- Letters to the editor
How can I submit my manuscript to IJOSH?
Your submissions can be submitted online by registering as an author. Click the Register link at the top of the page and complete the registration form. You will then be able to log onto the site to submit your manuscript using the 5 step submission process.
How to obtain a print version of the journal?
IJOSH is an open access online and print journal. You can download the PDF version of all the articles from the journal website. You need to subscribe to the print version of the journal to obtain a print version. Please contact the journal editor to subscribe to the print version.
Who retains copyright of the open access articles and what license is it published under?
Copyright in all material submitted for publication in the journal is vested to the authors under attribution CC BY-NC.
Can I re-publish the articles with other journals which are already published in IJOSH?
The articles published in IJOSH may be freely used in any form for non-profit uses.
What is the average time in which the manuscript is published in IJOSH?
We try to complete the review process in three months after the submission of the manuscripts online. Once the manuscripts are accepted by the external reviewers and the editor, we publish them on the online first segment of the journal. We need your cooperation for timely processing of the manuscripts.
Can I use the material from articles published in IJOSH?
Open Access Archiving Permissions
- The author(s) may archive the Publisher’s version/PDF in any institutional repository, open or closed.
- There is no embargo that prevents an author from archiving the Publisher’s version/PDF.
- Author(s) re-use of the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation can be archived in any institutional repository, open or closed, provided it is noncommercial.
Open Access Re-use Permissions
The author(s) may republish the Publisher’s version/PDF in a non-commercial book if written or edited by the contributing author(s).
- The author(s) may re-use the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation written by the contributing author(s) provided the Thesis/Dissertation is not used for any commercial purpose. The Publisher’s version/PDF, as part of a Thesis/Dissertation, can be archived in any institutional repository, open or closed, provided it is noncommercial. The Publisher’s version/PDF, as part of a Thesis/Dissertation, can be distributed via any noncommercial database, repository, or website.
Open Access Distribution Permissions
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to students/use the article for teaching purposes.
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to a research colleague at an academic institution.
- The author(s) may supply Publisher’s version/PDF to authorities for institutional funding evaluations and rankings (such as the RAE).
- The Publisher’s version/PDF may appear on the website of the author(s) institution or on the author(s) personal website, provided its use is noncommercial.
- The Publisher’s version/PDF may be posted on academic websites such academia.edu or ResearchGate, provided the use is noncommercial and provided that proper attribution is given to the creator(s) and the publisher, including copyright terms, as indicated above in Section IV, paragraph two.
- Author(s) re-use of the Publisher’s version/PDF as part of a Thesis/Dissertation can be distributed via any noncommercial database, repository, or website.
Article layout design and digital typing by:
Aman Lal Shrestha,
Engine Prints, Kathmandu, Nepal