Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The focus and aim of the journal is to engage intellectual and academic scholars working in the fields of humanities and social sciences. The strength of this journal is its interdisciplinary and bilingual nature. Humanities and Social Sciences Journal aims to publish quality articles in the areas of humanities and social sciences. This research journal aims to contribute to the corpus of knowledge and academic research. It accepts high quality research articles from university teachers, researchers, and academicians which can impact on the respective field of study, thereby helping in dissemination of undercurrent issues impacting university education.
Views and opinions expressed by the authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the view of editors and publisher. Authors may not republish a piece once it has been published in this journal.
The journal publishes two issues a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Humanities and Social Sciences Journal is a scholarly double-blind peer-reviewed journal published by Research & Educational Development Project Management Committee (RMC), Ratna Rajyalaxmi Campus, Tribyhuvan University. The research articles published in this volume have been peer-reviewed by highly qualified, expert reviewers to meet the objectives of the Peer Review Process and Policy. Additionally, they have been scrutinized by the renowned Editors who have finally decided to publish the academic articles in this journal in accordance with editorial policies without any preference and influence. The Editors and Publisher have no responsibility regarding the statements and opinions expressed by the contributors.
Reviewers are cordially requested to consider the following guidelines while reviewing the articles.
Scope and focus of the journal: Humanities and Social Sciences Journal aims to publish quality articles in the areas of humanities and social sciences. This research journal aims to contribute to the corpus of knowledge and academic research. It accepts high quality research articles from university teachers, researchers, and academicians which can impact on the respective field of study, thereby helping in dissemination of undercurrent issues impacting university education.
Style and format for the article: Humanities and Social Sciences Journal accepts articles which have been written in accordance with the author guidelines in the latest version of the APA style sheet. The reviewers are expected to see whether the articles have strictly adhered to the guidelines prescribed.
Ethical consideration/ Code of conduct: Humanities and Social Sciences Journal expects that the reviewer ensures a fair and impartial review of the manuscript without any ideological bias. It also believes that the reviewer/s always keep the review process confidential throughout.
Checklist for Reviewers: This is the most important part of the peer-review process. Reviewers are expected to examine the following points in the manuscript:
- Does it cover the overall arguments of the research work/manuscript?
- Is it concise and catchy?
- Can it be rephrased in a better way?
- Is it clear and concise?
- Does it include the problem, objective, key methods, results and conclusion?
- Does it contain unnecessary description?
- Are keywords appropriate and adequate?
- Does if provide clear information about the background, context, statement of the problem, research questions/purposes/hypothesis?
- Does it clearly address the research gap?
- Does it clearly explain the need of the study?
- Is it based on the theoretical approach?
- Are the study design and methods/tools appropriate to the research question(s) / hypothesis / purpose(s)?
- Is there plagiarism?
Discussion and results
- Are the discussion/analysis/results or findings properly analyzed?
- Are the arguments/views presented clearly and appropriately?
- Are the plans/tables/graphs/charts standard and readable?
- Is there any academic importance of the conclusion?
- Is the conclusion precise and accurate?
- Are the cited references authentic and appropriate?
- Are references put in the APA style?
Recommendation to the Editorial Board
- Is it publishable?
Any other comments?
Sources of Support
Ratna Rajyalaxmi Campus and RMC.
Humanities and Social Sciences Journal is published by the Research & Educational Development Project Management Committee (RMC), Ratna Rajyalaxmi Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal