Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal of NELTA Gandaki (JoNG), one-star JPPS rated, published by Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA)Gandaki Province, is a peer-reviewed research journal that includes research and research-based articles, and research reports in English Language Teaching and Learning in different contexts. Articles for the journal must be standard, research-based and within the scope of the journal. Areas of particular interests include, but are not only limited to the following: ELT Curriculum Design, Applied Linguistics, Second Language Learning and Acquisition, English Literature, Translation Studies, Classroom-Based Research, Language Testing and Evaluation, Intercultural and Multicultural Studies, Teacher Training, Current Issues and Case Studies.
Submission and Peer Review Process
The article, for submission, must have its title page including title, author’s name, email id, contact number, and affiliation. The author’s information must not appear in any other parts of the text. All the submitted manuscripts will be first reviewed by the editors to ensure that they comply with JoNG guidelines. The articles will be evaluated blindly by two reviewers to determine if they meet the standard of the peer-reviewed Journal and the basic requirements with special attention given to:i) compliance with JoNG editorial policy, ii)the significance, novelty and originality,iii) use of appropriate language, research design, and methodology, and iv) contribution in the field of English Language. JoNG aspires to notify authors about the decision within a month from the submission date. When manuscripts are accepted subject to revision, the revised manuscripts should be returned within approximately two months for necessary corrections and changes. Accepted articles are published both print and online approximately 3-4 weeks after their acceptance. The articles should be submitted to the Publication, Research, and Innovation Sub-committee, NELTA Gandaki Province at firstname.lastname@example.org which has the authority of making the final decision on its publication.
The journal is scheduled to publish its two issues every year.
Open Access Policy
JoNGprovides immediate open access to its contents on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a global exchange of knowledge. The articles published in the journal can be used only for discussion, critique or any academic purposes.
Guidelines for Authors of Journal Articles
Authors submitting articles must follow the guidelines below:
- The manuscript must be prepared in Microsoft Word (MSW) and its pdf version with figures (graphics) and tables embedded within the text.
- The journal accepts only soft copies of the original research articles.
- The articles must have a minimum of 4000 words but not exceeding 7000 words.
- The authors must use Times New Roman 12 point font size. The paragraphs must be left-aligned with a paragraph space.
- The articles for submission must include the following components:
Title (Times New Roman, 12 pt, in Bold,maximum 12 words)
Abstract (approximately 150- 250 words, justified, Times New Roman, 12 pt., single line spacing)
Keywords: (not more than 7 words)
Introduction (Should introduce the title, state the contexts and problems under investigation, mention the purposes, and the rationale of the study)
Review of Literature (may subsume the review of thematic, theoretical, policy and empirical literature)
Methodology (in a concise form including design, tools, and procedures )
Results and Discussion (corroboration of the findings vis-à-vis theory developed/tested)
Conclusion and Implications
Acknowledgement/s (if any)
Appendices (if necessary)
Author’s abridged CV(approximately 60 words)
- All the authors should maintain consistency in their style throughout the articles following the APA style Manual (2020) along with its in-text citation and referencing.
Responsiveness and ethical considerations
- The corresponding authors should bear all the ethical responsibilities for their submitted and published articles. The ideas and viewpoints are of the authors even if the published articles are the properties of NELTA Gandaki Province. If any case of plagiarism is detected in the articles, the authors will be liable.
- The articles to submit in this journal should not have been published elsewhere and they should not be given to publish in any other journals before the decision is made.
- The article once published in this journal, must not be reused/ republished without taking written permission of the copyright holder. The copyright authority will be with Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA)Gandaki Province, Pokhara, Nepal
The journal is scheduled to publish its issue once a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Sources of Support
Institutional funds, donors and sale of the hard copies.
Price of hard copies
$10 (Nrs. 650).
Adarsha Offset Printers, Bagar-1, Pokhara, Nepal.
Nepal English Language Teachers' Association Gandaki Province, Pokhara, Nepal.